Are you interested in the National Merit Scholarship 2020? Do you wish to apply and get NMSC scholarship today? The National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) is now offering the National Merit program to identify and honor academically talented persons.
This scholarship award is an academic competition that invites approximately 1.9 million high school students every year in the world.
Brief History of National Merit Scholarship (NMSC)
NMSC was officially established in 1955 as an independent, though not-for-profit organization that works without government support. Ever since it was launched, it has been recognized by over 3.3 million students and has offered a whopping grants sum of over $1.7 billion.
A Little Brief Description
- University or Organization: National Merit Scholarship Corporation
- Department: NA
- Award: $2,500 each
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Awards can be taken in the USA
- National Merit Scholarship 2020 Eligibility
Eligible Countries: Applications is available for selected countries, Check your country eligibility
Offered/Accepted Courses or Subjects: These scholarship awards are available to all undergraduates studying in any subject.
Admissible Criteria: To participate in the National Merit Scholarship 2020 program, a student must check the following:
- Students must participate in PSAT/NMSQT in their various high schools and no later than the 3rd year in grades 9 through 12, regardless of grade classification or learning pattern.
- The student must be registered as a high school student in homeschooled or traditional, moving ahead usually for graduation or high school completion and planning to admit to college no later than the fall following completion of high school.
- Must join a high school in the united states District of Columbia, or US commonwealth and territory, or check the citizenship requirements for students attending high school outside the United States:
- Students who are attending high school outside the US, i.e students Students joining high school outside the US should be a US citizen, or at least be US lawful resident (or have applied for permanent residence) and intend to become a US citizen at the earliest chance allowed by law.
How to Apply National Merit Scholarship 2020
To apply for NMSC’s scholarship 2020, students must submit a National Merit application to their high school office by using NMSC’s online application form (OSA).
Please Note: On the day of examination day, students are asked some exam related questions to determine their entry into the National Merit scholarship program.
Supporting Documents: If you attend high school outside the United States and have not yet become a US citizen, to become a Finalist must submit with the completed Application: The letter must be signed by you explaining your ideas for becoming a citizen of the U.S, thereby including the date on which you are expected to be eligible and then apply for US citizenship.
Note, if you are a US lawful permanent resident, a Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) copy, or a passport copy together with the identity/biographical page and the “I-551” stamp showing that you have been successfully approved lawful permanent resident status.
Or, if you have applied for US lawful permanent residence, a copy of Form I-797 Receipt Notice from US Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) that verifies you filed the “Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status” (Form I-485).
Please Note that NMSC must receive your letter of application and documentation on or before July 21, 2020.
Entry Requirements: Every participant of NMSC’s scholarship must meet the program entry and participation requirements for the National Merit Scholarship 2020 program by taking the PSAT/NMSQT test at the specified time in the high school program, usually as juniors.
Language Requirement: All students need appropriate English language skills to achieve the National Merit Scholarship program.
Benefits of National Merit Scholarship 2020
The official winner of the National Merit Program support will receive a sum of $ 2500 support for college studies.
The scholarship award can be applied only for attendance at the US College or university that holds an accredited position with a regional accrediting commission on higher education.
Application Deadline: July 21, 2020.
Apply for the National Merit Scholarship Positions blow:
National merit scholarship application
Reach out to us with the comment section in case you have a question in applying for this scholarship.